Foscore Development Center, Transnational Plaza, Mama Ngina Street 5th Floor, Nairobi Kenya
Community Development Training Course
By: Foscore Development Center
This certificate training is designed to introduce individuals to community development as a concept as well as basic skills in mobilizing communities for development and influencing social change. This training is, therefore, aimed at building the capacity of individuals involved in community mobilization as well as those seeking innovative approaches in community development activities.
The main purpose of this training is to provide a resource for community leaders, volunteers, and practitioners who desire to make their communities a better place. It describes the steps in the community development process and the guiding principles that explain why each step in the process is important.
The training will increase the confidence of development workers, Government officials and private practitioner as it provides a step by step approach in their quest to mobilize communities toward sustainable development.
No of Days
· Develop practitioners’ skills in participatory monitoring and evaluation of community initiatives.
· Identify and apply various tools and skills in engaging communities for development.
· Introduce advocacy as a key tool for community entry
· Introduce community organizing as a process of community development.
· Understand the concept of community development
· Assist practitioners to source resource for community development
The Concepts, Process, and Strategies for Community Development
· Understanding Communities, Development, and Mobilization
· The concept of community development
· Key elements of community development
· Community development process
· Engagement in community development process
· Steps in community engagement
· Strategies for community development
· Steps to community development
Participatory Tools for Community Development
· Understanding participatory tools
· Understanding PLA
· Steps of PLA Processing
· PLA Tools
· Processing of Community PLA activities
· Who is a Community Volunteer?
· The role of Community Volunteer in Community Development
Basic Inter Personal Communication Skills in Community Development
· Communication skills
· Presentation skills
· Facilitation skills
· Role play
Community Mobilization Events
· Community dialogue
· Rally and road shows
· Market storms
· Community Drama
Communication Strategies for Community Development
· Use of BCC tools/materials
· Visual aids
Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation of community development programme
· Procedures on how to evaluate the objectives
· Importance of PM&E in Community Development
· How to conduct PM&E?
· Key indicator in community Development
· Understanding PM&E tools