Foscore Development Center, Transnational Plaza, Mama Ngina Street 5th Floor, Nairobi Kenya
Monitoring and Evaluation for Governance course
By: Foscore Development Center
This is a professional development workshop that seeks to provide the participants with useful knowledge required to develop effective frameworks for monitoring, evaluating, and implementing development plans, programs, budges, and projects.
· Define Theory of Change and Critical pathway
· Develop and design M&E framework/system for governance program.
· Develop concise understanding of M&E concepts, principles, processes and framework for
· Develop insight in the different stages of the evaluation process and tools/ methodologies that are most appropriate in different types of evaluations.
· PM&E tools for enhancing the capacities of decentralization at local and national levels and for boosting accountability systems at municipal levels.
· Identify and develop governance performance indicators
· Understand how the log frame approach promotes evidence based on policy making
Who should attend?
The course targets Government officials and Development advisors that design, implement, and manage sector plans, programs, budgets, and projects. These include program staff who monitor and govern projects, program managers, practitioners who work in government agencies and civil society organizations, involved with M&E, as well as individuals interested in M&E.
· Definition of Monitoring and Evaluation
· Importance of Monitoring and Evaluation
· Purposes of Monitoring and Evaluation
Module 2: Monitoring and evaluation
· M&E in the policy process
· M&E in the planning process
· The Government-wide M&E System
· Important institutions with a role in M&E
· Departments at the center of government on the national
· Department of Public Service and Administration
· Department of Provincial and Local Government
· Available Statistics
Module 3: Evaluation Perspectives
· evaluation perspective
· The Balanced Scorecard
· Programme performance
· Financial &Governance
· Human Resource Management (HRM)
· Ethics perspective
Module 4: Values
· monitoring and evaluation
· standards of performance from values
· values and principles governing public administration
· principles expressing some dimension of public service performance
Module 5: Evaluating Programme Performance
· Programme evaluation
· Logic models
· Results-Based Management
· Theory-based evaluation
Module 6: Implementation
· Focusing monitoring and evaluation
· Designing monitoring frameworks
· Framing evaluation questions
· Examples of monitoring and evaluation of different dimensions